What is Hearts Afire?
Parish-based Programs from the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception (HAPP®) is a bold and fresh approach to small group, parish-based, faith renewal programs. It is designed to help us live the complete Catholic life of faith, charity, and the sacraments. It's designed to set our hearts on fire with love of God and neighbor and to inspire us to works of mercy in our families, parishes, and communities.
* Hearts Afire: Parish-based Programs from the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception was officially released on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 15, 2012. Since that time more than 35,000 people across the U.S. have gone through an aspect of the Hearts Afire Program. If you would like to bring Hearts Afire to your home or parish, please contact us.
Simplicity of the Program
Today people are living busy and challenging lives. Hearts Afire offers people a quick and easy way to enter into a peaceful interior reflection on their relationship with Christ.
The goal of Hearts Afire is to help bring the parish community more deeply into the burning love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the fire of love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The simplicity behind Hearts Afire is evident in all aspects of the program from concept to cost:
- Simple Implementation: Participants begin each week by reading a specific section from the retreat book, are guided through reflective questions in a workbook, gather weekly, meet in small groups for 30 minutes of discussion time, then reconvene in a large group for 30-45 minute lessons on DVD, and conclude with prayer. (The duration of the DVD lesson depends upon the program.)
- Designed for the Average Catholic: From the retreat books written by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, to the workbooks and talks on DVD, all materials are easy to understand and aimed directly at the faithful in the pew.
- Short in Length: Six- and ten-week retreat programs require approximately 90 minutes meeting time.
- Supportive Staff: One-on-one assistance is available at Hearts Afire to assist you.
- Cost: Cost to the participant is minimal and cost to parish is less than $50.
- Solidly Catholic: Follows Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magisterium; frequently cites the Catechism of the Catholic Church and writings of doctors of the Church and saints; approved by the Church as being free from error in faith and morals